User preferences are accessible by clicking the user icon in the top right corner of the top menu (see right pic). The following preferences are available:
- Date format - Specifies how dates are to be displayed/represented in the search results. A custom date format may be defined in accordance with a specified date pattern. By default, the date format is set to smart, and will adjust automatically depending on the context. For example, depending when a message was sent in relation to the current time, the date column may output Yesterday 3:00pm, or Today 1:00am.
- Client locale - A custom defined locale for the purpose of selecting a desired language. By default, the client locale is automatically selected to match the browser's locale. This setting allows one to force selection of a desired locale.
- Time zone - Dates in the search results are represented in relation to the specific time zone. By default, the time zone is obtained from the browser. This option allows one to force the selection of a designated time zone. In doing so, it is possible for multiple e-discovery researchers to work off the same time zone, even though they may reside in countries spanning across multiple time zones.
- Address format - Customize how email addresses should be displayed in the search results. For example, in the format "john.doe", or "firstname.lastname@example.org". The Smart option will choose a format suitable for the specific context. For instance, if a user is a local user, it will not display the domain part.
- Deemphasize domains - For easy reading, display the domain part of an email address in a lighter font.
- Quick preview on mouse hover - Displays a quick popup of message content. The quick preview feature facilitates quick reading of email content by showing a pop-up summary of a message when hovering over the subject line.
- Show body tip in subject line - Display the first few lines of a message body beside the subject line in the search results.
Search history autocomplete - On a partial entry of a search query, the user is presented with an opportunity to select a matching query in the search history for auto completion.
Hide local domains - Do not display the domain part of email addresses when the email address refers to a local mailbox.
Hide button tooltip - Whether or not to show tooltips on buttons
Mark read messages - Signify messages as read when viewed. In the e-Discovery context, this feature is useful to determine which messages have already been processed. Click the trash-cash to mark all messages as unread.
Found this information useful? Visit mailarchiva.com to learn more about MailArchiva.