Important Note: Newer versions of Outlook have since removed access to web folders!
For convenience reasons and to preserve the familiar Outlook experience, MailArchiva’s search capabilities can be made accessible from within Outlook. MailArchiva’s search interface has an inbuilt Outlook theme that is automatically activated when the console is accessed from within Outlook.
Follow the below steps to integrate MailArchiva with Outlook:
- Login to the user’s Outlook client.
- Right click the user’s mailbox in the tree view on the left
- Create a new folder called “MailArchiva” and click OK
- Right click the MailArchiva folder
- Select the Home Page tab
- Check show home page by default for this folder
- Enter the address: http://mailarchiva.smallbusiness.local:8090/outlook.do (replace the FQDN with the FQDN of your MailArchiva server. Do not use the IP Address of the server as NTLM authentication will not work!
- Click on the MailArchiva folder and the MailArchiva Outlook search interface should appear. If it does not, check the NTLM authentication is working correctly when connecting to the MailArchiva console outside of Outlook.
If the home page folder is missing, visit https://www.msoutlook.info/question/home-page-tab-not-available-in-folder-properties for instructions on how to renable this Outlook feature. If you experiencing difficulties integration Outlook, refer to NTLM Authentication Failure for possible resolutions.
Was this information helpful?
Thank you Your feedback helps us to continually improve our content.
Found this information useful? Visit mailarchiva.com to learn more about MailArchiva.