Rather than install the MailArchiva WAR file separately, it is recommended to use the normal setup distribution and procedure, described in Quick Install.
In the event that install via separate WAR file is highly desirable, the following instructions apply:
- Install Java 7 https://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp
- Install JCE http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jce-7-download-432124.html
- Install Tomcat 7 https://tomcat.apache.org/download-70.cgi
- Download the MailArchiva WAR file from http://www.mailarchiva.com/downloads, place inside Tomcat webapps
Change protocol in HTTP connector in Tomcat's server.xml to use Nio protocol as follows:
<Connector connectionTimeout="20000" port="80" protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol" redirectPort="8443" />
(Alternatively, borrow the server/conf/server.xml file that comes with the standard MailArchiva distribution)
- Delete all default existing apps under webapps
- Unpack the WAR file in /var/opt/mailarchiva/tomcat/ROOT (Linux) or C:\ProgramData\MailArchiva\Tomcat\ROOT (Windows)
Found this information useful? Visit mailarchiva.com to learn more about MailArchiva.